The Edge IP 9840C phone has a 4.3-inch full-color graphic LCD that can display a custom background image such as a company image or logo.
- Make sure the image meets required specifications:
Image Specifications: 480x272 BMP file
Bit Depth: 24 bit
Color Space Information: No
- Save the image file to the folder location \\C$\inetpub\wwwroot\VIP\ (see Transfer files to and from Wave IP).
- Create a custom XML file (Example: PHONEIMAGE_custom.xml) to apply the image to a given phone. (see Custom Configuration Files for Edge IP 9800 Series Phone). It will contain the following XML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
Replace xx.xx.xx.xx with the IP address of the Wave IP, and FILE_NAME.bmp with the name of the custom image file you saved in step #2.
- The custom XML file should also be placed in \\C$\inetpub\wwwroot\VIP\ (see Transfer files to and from Wave IP).
- Trigger Wave to recognize the changed files and send the updated configuration information to th affected phones. This can be done in one of two ways:
- Restart Wave. This will take the system out of service, but is the simplest way if a large number of custom files were edited.
- If you just need to adjust a single phone or make a change during operating hours, make a change to the user's settings in Global Admin (see Login to User/Group Management). This will cause Wave to update the user's settings including the custom background image change.