Set Up the User to Use the 9800 Phone
- Set the telephone type to the appropriate model.
- Set the Associated Device field to IP Phone MAC Address.
- Next, identify the phones by either:
- Enter the MAC address for the specific phone assigned to this user or
- Check the Log in to Device box to allow assigning the user to any given phone of that type.
Configure the 9800 Phone
- The preferred method for configuring phones is to set the network DHCP server to point towards the Wave as its' configuration server.
- Add in Option 150 to the DHCP Server.
- Plug the phone in to a POE network switch (it is possible to use an external power supply as well. This would be ordered separately).
- The phone will boot and connect to the Wave. It will get the phone's configuration.
- If it's not possible to set a configuration server, it is possible to manually configure the phones.
- Find the IP address of the phone (see Find the IP Address of a 9800 Series Phone).
- Log in to the phone (Log in to Edge IP 9800 series phone).
- Click on Provisioning underneath the Phone Config section.
- Enter the Wave IP address in the TFTP Server>Address field.
- Press Save.
- Reboot the phone.