- Determine the correct time zone for the phone (use a GMT offset chart like this one).
- Modify this file: PHONE1_custom.xml with the correct GMT code. Download the sample file and open it in Notepad.
- For areas that do not use Daylight Savings Time, be sure to disable it by including the command to disable (see PHONE_custom.xml for a pre-built file):
- Save the file (see Custom Configuration Files for Edge IP 9800 Series Phone).
NOTE: The file should not be saved to the Wave as PHONE1_custom.xml. The Custom Configuration article specifies how to correctly name the file.
- Trigger Wave to recognize the changed files. This can be done in one of two ways:
- Restart Wave. This will take the system out of service, but is the simplest way if a large number of custom files were edited.
- When needing to just adjust a single phone or during operating hours, make a change to the user's settings in Global Admin (see Login to User/Group Management). This will cause Wave to update settings including integrating the custom changes.