On a Wave system, when a Polycom VVX 500 or VVX 600 user is connected to a caller on an external SIP trunk, the external user may not hear them for about 20 seconds.
Affected calls have one or more of the following attibutes...
- Call recording - System, Queue, or ad-hoc
- Queue call
This issue has been observed on the these specific VVX phones when Video calling is enabled, whether or not a camera is present.
If reviewing a packet capture, the video codecs will be noted in the SDP of an INVITE packet as below:
The easiest method to workaround this issue is to simply disable Video Processing on these phones as shown below.
- Discover the phone's IP address. Go to Home -> Settings -> Status -> Network -> TCP/IP Parameters.
- Use a web browser and navigate to http://<phone.ip.address> or https://<phone.ip.address> (which response may be determined by the firmware version of the phone) and login under the 'Admin' user.
- If the password is unknown, try to contact Support as a next step.
- Once logged in go to Preferences and click on 'Video Processing'.
- For the 'Video' option, click 'Disable' and then 'Save' at the bottom of the screen. The phone will reboot.
- Once the phone has rebooted / re-registered, calls using the features noted in the 'Issue' section can be re-tested to verify they are working as expected.
If still having issues at this point, please contact Support for additional assistance.