Your 8x8 Virtual Office phone system allows you to forward or transfer any voicemail message you receive to another extension within your system with a few button pushes.
Transfer voicemails to another extension.
Access your voicemail inbox and follow the instructions below.
- Access your voicemail:
- From your own extension: Dial 555 and enter your voicemail password.
- From another extension in your system: Dial 500, enter your extension number, then enter your voicemail password.
- Access the voicemail message you wish to forward:
- Press 1 to listen to new messages.
- Press 2 to review old messages.
- Press 3 to review group messages. Note: only if you are a member of a ring group.
- If necessary, press 2 to skip forward through messages.
- Press 0 for message options.
- Press 2 to begin the process of forwarding the message.
- Enter the extension number you wish to forward the message to, then press #.
- At the tone, optionally leave an introductory message from yourself to be included with the forwarded message. To finish, press # or simply hang up.
- The recipient of the forwarded message will be notified that a new voicemail is waiting for them as normal.