A 9800 series phone may need to have all of its' settings erased and the phone returned to the Factory Defaults. This can be done from the phone.
- Press the menu button on the front of the phone.
- A set of options will appear on the screen, use the 4-way navigation button to navigate to Status.
- Click OK.
- The second item on the list should be Lock/Unlock Config. Highlight it using the navigation button and then press Okay.
- Enter the phone's password (default is 22222) and press OK.
- The screen will return to the main menu. Navigate to Status again and press OK.
- Highlight the Set to Default option and press OK.
- A confirmation menu will confirm the Default. Press the soft-key under the word Yes.
- Press the Menu button and the phone will announce it needs a reboot. Press the Yes soft-key to reboot the phone.
NOTE: The phone will now be at the factory default settings. It will attempt to search for LLDP-MED settings,and then DHCP to configure VLAN and IP settings.