To understand why OpenVPN server is needed, read OpenVPN Server Overview.
For the requirements prior to installing OpenVPN Server, read OpenVPN Server Requirements.
- The OpenVPN server image provided by Vertical must have a server to run on. There are two options:
- Build a VMWare Hypervisor from scratch (see Install OpenVPN Server Virtual Machine (VM)).
- Install on an existing Hypervisor implementation.
- The next question is which OpenVPN method will be used (see Choosing OpenVPN Server method to help make the choice).
- Configure VPN phones. Do not configure phones unitl after Step 2 has been accomplished and the Wave and VPN server are already configured.
- To configure VPN Phones when using Vertical OpenVPN: Off-Wave see Configure VPN Phones using Wave IP for Vertical OpenVPN: Off-Wave.
- To configure VPN Phones when using OpenVPN: Custom Deployment see Configure VPN Phones using Wave IP for OpenVPN: Custom Deployment.
- Configure ViewPoint Mobile phones to use the softphone.
- Test phones.