Hard drive partitions on the Wave have historically been limited to a fixed size regardless of the actual hard disk size, resulting in unused, inaccessible space. Now you can extend disk drive partitions when you image a system. Depending on the size of the hard drive, extending the disk partitions can result in substantial increases in available space.
- On your IODD Recovery USB stick, navigate to the \Tools directory.
- *IMPORTANT* Make a backup of the autoexec.bat before proceeding any further.
- Edit the autoexec.bat. (While you can use notepad for this, Notepad++ makes things a bit easier.) Towards the top of the file you will see a line stating the version, similar to the one below…
- *IMPORTANT* If your IODDVer is NOT 2.2, close the autoexec.bat and stop here, the version of that drive is NOT supported to make this change.
If using Notepad++, locate line 203, lines 202 & 203 are posted below to help locate the proper line in notepad.
NOTE: There are other instances of ‘goto NoExtending’ in this file; do NOT edit any other instance than the one shown above.
- For line 203, edit it by adding two colons, ::, as shown below, to comment it out. This will allow the IODD recovery drive to allocate the full disk space.
- Save the autoexec.bat file, you are done and can now image the complete drive during system imaging.