This is the process for bringing a Wave into operation.
- Collect necessary information
- Hardware serial numbers- Collect serial numbers for VAM, ISC, MRM, Cards
- Collect licenses- Store license file (should be e-mailed by customer service for a new system) on USB drive or computer to be used for configuration.
- Get configuration worksheet (see Using the Configuration Worksheet).
- Build hardware
- Install MRM (For instructions see IP 500 or IP 2500)
- Set up EXUs (see Add EXUs)
- Add cards (see Install Expansion Cards)
- Power (Plug Wave into a certified UPS and ensure Wave is grounded)
- Network (connect network cable to Ethernet1 port on Wave. Connect other end of cable to PC to make changes in step 4)
- Boot system- Power up system by making sure red rocker switch is flipped to on. Press front red power button if necessary.
- Login from client computer
- Use Internet Explorer (currently support IE 6 or newer).
- You will need to adjust IE security settings (see IE Security Settings).
- Set to 192.168.205.x range. (Plug your PC into the same network switch as the Wave. Set the network address of the computer to an address in the 192.168.205.70-89 range to avoid conflicting with the Wave.)
- Configure Java on your client computer. Wave currently expects Java Version 8 Update 30 or greater (verify your version here). If the laptop cannot access the internet, Jave 8 Update 31 can be downloaded from the Wave by navigating to ftp://<SERVERNAME>/public. The file name will say: jre-8u31-windows-i586.exe. Click on it to download. Click again to run it.
- Login using default credentials (see Login to Wave IP Global Administrator).
- Load starting configuration DB (see Restoring Wave from Backup).
NOTE: Starting the week of 1/11/16, direct Waves are shipped with this Database already loaded. This step will no longer be necessary.
- For Wave IP 500s use IP500-iobackup.cab. Rename the file to iobackup.cab before using.
- For Wave IP 2500s use ip2500-iobackup.cab. Rename the file to iobackup.cab before using.
NOTE: Loading the incorrect model database on a Wave IP will make the unit inoperable. The only way to recover the system is to apply an IRDD to reset the entire system.
- Set network configuration for client (see Set IP Network Settings). Connect the Wave and the PC to the network switch instead of being directly connected. Remember to set IE Security settings for the new network address (see IE Security Settings).
- Run Vertical Updates now (see Use Vertical Updates).
NOTE: The default configuration database sets a standard scheduled action for Vertical Updates. Updates are downloaded Saturday Morning and updates are installed Sunday Morning. Check with the customer to make sure these defaults are acceptable.
- Set company specific data (see Required Company Settings).
- Set time zone (see Set Wave System Time Zone).
- Load licenses (see Add Licenses to Wave).
NOTE: If SIP phones or trunks will be used then reboot the Wave after adding licenses.
- Allocate resources (see Set Resource Management).
NOTE: The default configuration database sets basic resources to allow testing most features, but this default configuration should never be used for customer operation. Instead, use the Resource Management Advisor.
- Before importing a user list ensure you have created and created or imported all user templates, phone templates, and access profiles. This includes importing the standard user templates. (see Copy User Templates).
- Import user list (see Import Users).
- Add all real users to Company ViewPoint Group (see Add Public ViewPoint Groups).
- Set up phones.
- Create auto-attendants (see Add Auto-Attendants).
- Configure trunks (see Setting Up Trunks).
- Configure inbound routing (Configure Inbound Routing Table).
- Configure outbound routing (see Outbound Trunking Quick-Start).
- Set up applications.
- Run a Security Analysis to make sure all passwords meet the standard.
- Create new Global Administrator Users (see Add a Global Administrator User) and remove or change passwords on Globaladministrator account.
- Run backup and Download backup (see Backup a Wave IP).