When you transfer a call to another extension or number, you can perform a supervised transfer, where you speak to the receiving party before transferring the call, or a blind transfer, where the active call is transferred immediately.
While on an active call:
- Press the Transfer button.
- Dial the number:
- For an internal number, dial the extension.
- For an external call, dial the external access code (usually 8) and then the outside number.
- Complete the transfer:
- For a supervised transfer, stay on the line to speak to the receiving party, and then hang up.
- For a blind transfer, hang up.